Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    MireiaCF
    Participant

Hello everyone and nice to meet you.
    My name is Mireia Castillón and currently I’m working as a gender manager in the library of the Open University of Catalonia (UOC).
    I’m interesting to improve my knowledge on gender equality and looking forward to exchange ideas and experiences.

rita
    Participant

Hello everyone,

My name is Rita Pereira and I work as HR manager at CCMAR. CCMAR is an independent non-profit research organization within the University of the Algarve (Portugal) and is dedicated to R&D in marine sciences. I’m working in the “Gender Equality Plan” for CCMAR and I’m very excited to start this course and meet you.

Karina Barantseva
    Participant

Hello! My name is Karina Barantseva (she / her), I am from Ukraine, but now I live and Poland and work for the Projects Office of the Lodz University of Technology. The gender issue was always interesting for me, as a researcher in social sciences greatly interested in post-modern thought, I studied this question at the theoretical level thoroughly. That’s why, I understand greatly the complexity of the issue and the impossibility of its resolving only by a formal proclamation of equal rights. Now, when I am involved into development of our University’s GEP, I am glad to return to the gender equality issue and to get fresh information and practical experience shared by prominent persons and institutions, provided by this Academy!

deirdremeursing
    Participant

Hi to you all!

My name is Deirdre Meursing, I live and work in the Netherlands, consulting universities and other educational and research institutions on (EU) funding and grants.
    Besides that, together with my colleagues we are partners to 2 H2020/HEU RIA consortia, i) making monitoring and evaluation tools for gender equality plans for RIA, and ii) regarding contemporary feminism and its backlash in politics and social media.
    I am looking forward to deepen my knowledge on this subject!

BR,
    Deirdre

Muhanji
    Participant

Halo Everyone,
    Happy to meet you all. Am a female advocate from Kenya, Nairobi County. I hold a masters in Women’s law with 15 years Post work experience working in government, civil society and in private legal practice. My areas of specialization include Human Rights, Public Administration, Research, Gender and Women’s rights.
    Am here for the global experience !

Lynn
    Participant

Hi all !
    I am Medginah Lynn Alexandre, and I am an economist and gender professional from Haiti🇭🇹 ! I am currently working at MEDA as the Gender, Social Inclusion and Monitoring and Evaluation (MERL in fact) Manager. My work is focused on advancing gender equality through gender mainstreaming, women’s empowerment, and key stakeholder engagement. I have experience as a gender analyst and trainer in various aspects of my field.
    I am very happy to start this new learning journey !

Astrid Vreys
    Participant

Hi all, I’m Astrid, living for more than 20 years in El Salvador, but originally coming from Belgium.

I am an economist and anthropologist with a master’s in Social & Cultural Anthropology and Local Development.
    I have been working in the field of development for more than 20 years, which has been a very enriching journey. During these years I have learned a lot from the people around me and the organizations I have worked for, allowing me to dedicate myself to promoting social structural change in order to include disadvantaged people and communities in economic development.
    During 15 years, I’ve been regional director of Trias in Central America, where i’ve experienced the deeply rooted unbalances in powerrelations, and certainly in gender relations. As from 2022, I will become gender coordinator for Trias worldwide, which will be a new adventure to work with people all over the world in the search of personal empowerment and justice in society. My passion always has been sharing storries by great pictures and strong words of strong people. Looking forward to strengthen my comprehension on the topics and to put it in place also more for our research.
    greetings
    Astrid

San Salvador

epillon
    Participant

hello everyone!

my name is Enrica, I work as a communications officer at Università Iuav di Venezia
    I am also a member of 2 university committees, one with a focus on sustainability and the other one with the aim to implement the first gender equality plan

I am very looking forward to learning more on gender equality and can’t wait to exchange views and perspectives with all of you! 🙂

Ilona
    Participant

Hello!
    My name is Ilona Fjodorova and I am a researcher at the Center of Sustainable Education, Institute of Humanities and Social Sciences at Daugavpils University, Latvia. I have been in the field of education for more than 20 years and there is always something new to learn. That is why I am here and looking forward to new challenges!

Rob Bell
    Participant

Hi everyone, hope you are well doing well. I’m sorry for not being able to get involved sooner and introduce myself!

My name is Rob Bell, and I’m the Athena Swan Coordinator at Imperial College London. My job is focused on gender equality, through the Athena Swan framework. I want to broaden my knowledge base and see how things are done elsewhere

Hi everyone,

My name is Averil Huck, I am French but have been living in Prague, Czech Republic, for over 2 years. I am a research assistant at the National Contact Point – Gender and Sciences in Prague.

My main areas of focus through diverse projects are gender-based violence in universities and research organisations, gender dimensions in international cooperation in science, technology and innovation policies, and policy efforts among EU member states to mainstream gender in research and innovation, this includes GEPs.

I wanted to go through this course to strengthen my knowledge on GEPs and get more hands-on expertise as I have only read about GEPs.

Cheers,

Averil

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.