Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author

Start your international network here, and tell the others a little more about yourself! (i.e. your country, employment position, interests or whatever you would like to share)

Marta Alirangues
    Participant

Hi everybody,

I’m Marta Alirangues Núñez, originally from Spain but living in Berlin, Germany for more than 5 years. Currently, I am working in 2 different but connected fields: as a doctoral student doing research in aquatic ecology and as central equal opportunities representative in FVB, coordinating equal opp. representatives of 7 different research institutions in Berlin and organizing workshops and anything related to the topic of equal opportunities and gender equality.

I’m also the co-coordinator of Soapbox Science Berlin, a novel public outreach platform for promoting cis, transwomen, genderqueer and non-binary scientists and the science they do. Our events transform public areas into an arena for public learning and scientific debate. The event takes place every year in many cities worldwide. If you want to know more, you can check the website.

Besides that, I love plants, going on walks in nature and discovering new ones, photography, diving, and any new way of exploring and seeing the world.

I’m also working on expanding my network and looking forward to meeting people.

Inbar Livnat
    Participant

Hello everybody,
    So glad to meet here and to see this thread!

My name is Inbar Livnat (she/her/hers), an advanced-stage Ph.D. Candidate from the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, living in Germany and a visiting scholar at LMU. I am writing about the employment of women in the nonprofit sector. The subject touches on the intersection of gender, the state, and nonprofit organizations under privatization.

I will be more than happy to be in touch and to exchange ideas.

Heidi Hauffe
    Participant

Hello Everyone!
    Pleased to meet you!

I am Heidi Hauffe, a zoologist and senior researcher and head of the Conservation Genetics Research Unit at the Fondazione E. Mach in Trento, Italy.

My research provides scientific support to wildlife managers to help halt the loss of genetic and species biodiversity, especially of alpine fauna. We also investigate the role of microbiota (gut flora or ‘microbiodiversity’) in the conservation status of endangered species. We develop and apply genetic tools to specific animal conservation issues, from amphibians and fish to game birds and large carnivores and are particularly specialized in the analysis of non-invasive samples, such as feathers and faecal pellets (‘environmental DNA’).

Gender issues are crucial in my work for management and recruiting (especially of young researchers), as well as for project aims and application of results. Hence, timely and expert updates are very important to me. The introductory course I took through the GEAcademy a few months ago was excellent and extremely informative (and interactive!), so I am looking forward to learning more advanced concepts and interacting with all of you!

Kornelia Reischl
    Participant

Hello,
    Pleased to meet you, too!

My Name is Kornelia Reischl and I am Deputy Equal opportunity officer and Head of the Family Service at the Universitaet der Bundeswehr Muenchen (www.unibw.de). Our University mainly offers higher education for future (military) officers and – to some extent – for civil students. Like other universities we do research and want to improve the situation of (prospective) female scientists. We also engage in diversity and inclusion.

I am very happy to make now contacts here and to exchange ideas with you!

NMarchesini
    Participant

Hello everybody,
    I’m Nicolò Marchesini (he), from Rome (IT). I’m a social statistician, and currently a Research Fellow at the National Research Council of Italy – Institute of Research on Population and Social Policies (CNR-IRPPS). I’m working in the “Gender Equality in R&I” group, developing the first GEP for our Institution.
    In parallel, my research interest is focusing on fatherhood as a positive factor for better Gender Equality within families.

Looking forward to exchanging ideas, food for thoughts, collaborations!

Nicolò

sabinaquijano
    Participant

Hello everybody,

my name is Sabina Quijano and I am Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) officer at LIST. The Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST) is a Research and Technology Organisation (RTO) active in the fields of materials, environment and IT. By transforming scientific knowledge into technologies, smart data and tools, LIST empowers citizens in their choices, public authorities in their decisions and businesses in their strategies.

LIST’s workforce is very diverse in terms of the origins, education, age, gender, sexual orientation and cultural background of the employees. We have made progress over the last years in creating an equal opportunities working environment, but there is still room for improvement, especially in terms of gender equality and equity.

Gender issues are in the focus of my projects for this and the coming years and I am happy to exchange with you.

RitaB.
    Participant

Hello everybody, I am Rita Bencivenga (he/her/hers). I currently live and work in Italy. I collaborate with the University of Genoa to promote gender equality, diversity, and inclusion through three EU-funded projects dealing with these topics.
    I look forward to discussing and interact with other participants.

Itibar Aydemir Uslu
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I am İtibar Aydemir-Uslu (she/her), a third-year PhD student in Urbino, Italy. Currently, I am living in Oslo, Norway. Originally I am from Ankara, Turkey.

My PhD thesis focuses on gender budgeting for human development by searching for gender equality indices that involve unpaid care work to measure the existing inequalities. I love hearing new topics and ideas about gender equality and its relation to every other issue in daily life. So, it is so lovely to meet all of you and be able to have a place in this network.

See you around 🙂

İtibar

viho
    Participant

Hi everyone,

My name is Vibeke Horn and I am the Program Director of Diversity of Oslo Metropolitan University, OsloMet. I am looking forward to follow this course and the discussions in this forum.

Vibeke

monicaperez
    Participant

Hello everyone,
    Very pleased to meet you and read about your interesting backgrounds and interests!
    My name is Monica Perez. I am criminologist from the University of Melbourne, and I have been working on gender-based violence for the past 20 years.
    I am now working as affiliate professor of Management Practice at the European School of Management and Technology (ESMT) in Berlin, and as the lead of the EQUAL4EUROPE project there. My current research and work with students is mostly around issues of sexual harassment and assault in universities and workplaces.
    I am looking forward to interacting more with you and improving gender equality together.
    All the best,
    Monica

kuzeyilay
    Participant

Hello everyone!

My name is Kuzey İlay Karadağ, from Turkey. I recently graduated from Middle East Technical University, NCC – Guidance and Counseling Department. Last term I took a course that changed my vision ‘Gender and Politics’. Then I wanted to enroll GE Academy courses too, to enrich myself and meet other scholars/students/researchers in the field (or those who are interested in similar topics). So, I am very glad to be here, to hear your voices (or read your comments).

Franzelle21
    Participant

Good day everyone! I am Frances Noelle Escalera from Baguio City, Philippines. I am currently working in a regulatory agency for professionals in our country and provide technical assistance in Gender and Development. I am happy to be enrolled in this learning module hope to enhance my competencies regarding gender equality.

Purity Ngare
    Participant

Hello everyone.

I am Ms. Purity Ngare, I am a Kenyan. I work as a Results Oriented Monitoring Consultant/Expert for EU funded projects in Africa. I am also practice as a psychologist and mental health professional in Kenya.

I am taking this course to enrich my knowledge on gender equality – so that I can be a better person and a better catalyst and agent of change to ensure gender equality in my sphere of influence. I consider gender equality to be a prerequisite for development, peace, participation and collective growth – in my part of the world.

I am happy to learn from the experts on gender equality. I am ready to learn, share and exchange with each one here.

Bests,
    Purity

alessandra
    Participant

Hello everyone!

My name is Alessandra Papa, I work at the University of Bozen/Bolzano, in the German speaking area of Italy, at the border with Austria.
    After having worked as journalist for many years, I’m now a senior project manager for lifelong learning courses in the Study and tuition Office and also representative of the administrative staff in the Equal Opportunities Committee of the institution.

I hope to learn as much as possible in order to serve better my community.

Glad to be here

Alessandra

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.